Monday 13 March 2006

MIB...

A couple of weeks ago, someone reversed into my car in Sainsburys' carpark.

This, I thought, was actually quite an achievment, given it was about 9.30pm, thus hardly a soul about and there where approximatly 5 cars in the entire carpark; so in the 225,000 acres of tarmaced carparking facility, a young lad manages to skillfully ding the rear off-side of MY car.

I was just leaving the checkout and in superb hi fidelity, the words, "Could the owner of a silver BMW, registration blah, blah, blah* please come to the customer services desk", came drifting across the aisles. My instant reaction was one of, 'Oh no, what have I done now?', but when I got there, there was a nervous looking young lad who gingerly informed me he had just reversed into my car. (I would like to add here, I've only had the car about month or so) We then went outside to assess the situation, but luckily the damage was minimal and only affected the aesthetics of the car. I embarked on asking him how he managed to do it, but all I got was a blank look and shrugged shoulders. I stayed remarkably calm, took his details and left it at that.

I was then immediatly approached by a trolley attendant, who informed me that he saw the youngster perform this manouver, went over to him and so made sure he went inside with the description of my car to report it at the customer services desk. A big thank you to the trolley attendant.

The next day had now become the dreaded insurance claim sorting out day.

Today I received this letter:

I write to update you on the progress of your claim.

Unfortunately, to date, I am still awaiting a response from Mr [Shall remain nameless], in my request for his insurance details.
I have attempted to contact him again today over the phone, without success, as such, I have sent out a reminder letter.
If I still have not obtained a response within the next 21 days, my next step will be to instruct investigators to visit Mr [Shall remain nameless] to obtain the required information.
I will contact you as soon as I have any further updates.

'Visit' This sounds very Men In Black to me and if I had wrote the letter, would have to of wrote 'pay a visit...', but I'm quite intrigued to see the outcome now, as I'm going to have to pay the excess myself if he turns out to be uninsured. Grrrrrrr

[* My car doesn't have a registration number plate that reads 'blah blah blah' by the way] :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»